- Design & Engineering
Design & Engineering
Whether your starting point is finished product documentation, a sketch from your marketing department or something in between: SinoScan has the capabilities and resources needed to ensure that the product brought into production is the right one.
Our global presence enables us to place each part of the design process where it makes the most sense – ensuring creativity, quality and cost-efficiency.
SinoScan can undertake design and engineering work on our own or in cooperation with designers and product development staff at your company.
Our experience with engineering and manufacturing means that the product design and development decisions are sure to be carried out all the way through to final production.
- Cost-efficient design and engineering work
- Production cost savings through Design-for-Manufacture
- Compliance assurance
- Comprehensive documentation
- Prototyping & tooling production
- During the initial stages, SinoScan’s Western engineers work closely with the customer to gain a thorough understanding of their requirements and products. This understanding provides the basis for our work to ensure that all design and engineering decisions leverage both the customer’s core competencies and our technical expertise and experience with design for manufacture and production implementation.We ensure that final product design is optimised not only for the end-user, but also for the various stages of the supply chain and production line (e.g. materials and material usage, applicable standards, production methods, assembly line efficency, logistics and storage).All subsequent design-related work undertaken at our engineering office in Shanghai is managed and supervised by our Western engineering teams.
- The composition, forms, availability, standards, costs and challenges related to the use of any given material vary from region to region and the production processes prevalent there.Incorporating considerations related to material choice in the decisions made during the design phase, ensures that the materials chosen represent a genuine match with the customer’s needs – with regard to the final product as well as the implementation of production and overall sourcing strategy.SinoScan’s Western and Chinese engineering teams include engineers specialised in a wide range material types.
- SinoScan’s Western and Chinese engineering teams collaborate with the customer and potential suppliers to identify the most suitable production processes.Our experience with design for manufacture and a wide range of production processes allows us to help the customer implement all relevant process-related considerations into design decisions.This, in turn, minimises the number of iterations of the design stage needed to reach a final product design ready for production.
- SinoScan has in its network more than 100 active suppliers, many of them with a history of cooperation lasting 10-15 years.During our work with the customer on formulating the basis for product design, SinoScan’s engineers leverage the vast knowledge resources of this network.This ensures that all subsequent design decisions are based on the customer’s understanding of their market and product, SinoScan’s technical and managerial expertise, and our suppliers’ intimate understanding of their craft.
Design and Prototyping
- Drawings and part specifications are drawn up by our engineering teams and documentation department.Drafts are submitted for customer approval with all relevant documentation related to applicable standards, material choice, production method, and prototyping.
- Prototyping is done at SinoScan’s Chinese rapid prototyping suppliers under our supervision and management.This helps us bring our customers Chinese cost-efficiency, while ensuring that the highest standards are met.
Engineering, Sourcing and Production