- Contact Us
Position: Project Engineer
Reporting to: President – SinoScan, Inc. USA
SinoScan is an expanding international business for the sourcing of custom made engineering components and products from China, with sales offices in Canada, China, Denmark, Germany, United Kingdom, and United States. We provide management and engineering services for manufacture from initial investigation, development and prototyping, through to delivery of production parts and assembly of products.
More information can be obtained from our website at www.sinoscan.com.
The main responsibility is to provide technical and commercial support between SinoScan’s office in China and customers in the United States for the manufacture and supply of primarily mechanical engineering parts and products, in addition to Point of Sale fixtures in the retail sector, which includes store displays and furniture. The role includes providing support for existing clients and the development of new business.
Technical responsibilities include the preparation and maintenance of product specifications, and other related technical documentation, based on customer product requirements and drawings. Participation in product development projects and cooperation with clients. Focus on design for manufacturing. Commercial responsibilities include the preparation of proposals and quotations for clients, and new business development.
The position would suit an engineer with strong background in project management, manufacturing, product design, and development who is seeking an opportunity to work with a large variation of products and assortments. The ideal candidate will be able to handle project management challenges and is capable of working independently.
Work will primarily be home office based with occasional travel in the US and overseas.
The home office geographical location is not critical, but it would be advantageous to be based within a 100 mile radius of Chicago, IL.
- Cooperation with customers for product and manufacturing engineering development.
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Review and approval of inspection reports in the role of quality assurance work.
- Provision of technical support for and liaison between customers and Chinese suppliers.
- Preparation of customer proposals and quotations.
- Implementation of procedures in accordance with the company quality management system.
- Work proactively with customers and suppliers to develop and implement product quality improvement measures.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Good project management skills.
- Experience of technical, production, or project management.
- Knowledge of quality assurance in manufacture.
- Design experience.
- Experience in the preparation of commercial quotations and proposals.
- Experience of working with suppliers from China, or other countries in the Far East.
- Preferred: minimum BS or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- 5-15 years of experience in an engineering discipline.
- Information technology skills:
- Essential: Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advantageous: Experienced in the use of ERP systems e.g. Microsoft Navision.
- Advantageous: CAD applications and Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Project management skills and the ability to oversee projects from start to finish.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid drivers license